Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Has anyone heard from jimmyp recently?

1. Feb 11, 2010 #1
    Hi everybody its been a long time since i have graced this forum, just spent the last 2 hours going over some of the classic GD threads. Has anyone heard from jimmyp recently?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2010 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Jimmyp/chopnik

Andy!! That's a blast from the past. We haven't seen chopnik here in ages, but you're the one that's supposed to bring us news of him, not the other way round. Last thing I remember was him moving a few years ago, and he posted for a short while after and then slowly disappeared.

4. Feb 11, 2010 #3

Yea, i was having an arguement with a cheif engineer at work about the mass of a compressed spring compared to an uncompressed spring, and with the pointlessness of the arguement got me thinking back to you guys! I have been trying to track him down for a little while now and i reckon the little ****er has crawled underneath that rock in the med.

5. Feb 11, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

ANDY!!!!111 I thought that was you! How have you been?

jimmyP/chopnik...aka MY SON has abandoned us.

Will you be my son?

Damn this brings back memories of the fun we used to have here. Those were damned good times. I miss them. :cry:

6. Feb 12, 2010 #5

Danger

Gold Member

I will! Please, oh please...

Be forewarned, though, that you won't be able to wean me with a crowbar...

7. Feb 12, 2010 #6

I will gladly be your son Evo, i have been doing pretty well, got myself i decent job that offers plenty of time off, am engaged to be married october 30th this year and we have bought a flat together so things are going nicely, how are you?

Some of those old threads still really makes me laugh, the banter with entropy and tribdog was great, i will track jimmyp down, i have contacted everybody that shares his name on facebook in an attempt to find him but havent heard anything back yet.

8. Feb 12, 2010 #7

Evo

Congratulations!! Sounds like you've been doing very well since we last spoke. New house and good job? When do I move in? o:)

I really miss the old days.

I'm still alive and kicking. If you find jimmyP you tell him his PF Mom says hello.

I hope you'll have time to pop in here and talk.

9. Feb 12, 2010 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A pointless argument reminded you of us? :grumpy:

:rofl: Actually, yes, considering the discussions we all had "back in the day," I can believe it! Long time no see! Welcome back! I'll pour you a drink while you tell us what you've been up to.

10. Feb 12, 2010 #9

Dont worry mom i do intend on becoming a regular on these boards again, hopefully i can cause some trouble. Is pointlessness even a word? If its not it should be. You might be interested to know that i have 2 kittens in my flat aswell, not quite kittens anymore, the oldest is 14 months and the youngest has just had his first birthday, they havent quite mastered the sniper rifle but they are learning. Still no word from jimmyp, dont think he is on facebook.

11. Feb 14, 2010 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

Welcome back, Andy!:smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Aug 18, 2010 #11

Had a recent sighting of someone that looked alot like him but with really long hair. Still no contact from him, bastard.

13. Aug 18, 2010 #12

Evo

You're back, again! Post more!!

I wonder what happened to him? Hope he's ok.

14. Aug 18, 2010 #13

I want to post more, but im not feeling the site like i used too, im trying to work out whether its me thats changed (grown up) or if the site just isnt as fun anymore.

15. Aug 18, 2010 #14

Evo

It's not as much fun anymore. Everyone started school, finished school, got jobs, got girlfriends/boyfriends. I've been ill, so I am not as funny anymore. :frown:

Back when we had njorl, Artman, Zoobyshoe, Tsu, (even Ivan was funny) yomamma, Franzneiche, Smurf, Danger, Moonbear, tribdog, Wolram, you, jimmyp, hypatia, etc... devoting time in here I was constantly snorting all over my keyboard. Luckily some of those great moments are captured in the GD Classics thread. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=42220

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  16. Aug 18, 2010 #15

dont forget the lazy rabbit!

17. Aug 18, 2010 #16

Evo

I don't remember.

18. Aug 18, 2010 #17

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy days, happy days...

19. Aug 18, 2010 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Andy's talking about Lapin Dormant. I don't think anyone else referred to Lapin as the Lazy Rabbit.

20. Aug 18, 2010 #19

Good old lazy rabbit, wanted by the NSA or somethingwasnt he? Just sent out a email to a group of old friends and one of them claims to have seen jimmyp in the local tesco store so im gonna ahve to start camping outside of there and wait for him to show up.

21. Aug 18, 2010 #20

Evo

An alias of Mr Robin Parsons?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook