Has the Definition of Whiteness Expanded in Media and Society?

In summary: I can't recall any significant number of interracial pairings, and even less so in any positive context. I'd have to think long and hard to come up with even one positive example. But I can think of plenty of negative examples.In summary, the conversation discusses the prevalence of racial pairings on television, with some arguing that it is taboo to pair people of different races while others believe it is not taboo but rather a reflection of what is significant to the storyline. The conversation also touches on the notion of whiteness and how it has become more inclusive over the years, but the one-drop rule still applies to those of black descent.
Evo said:
It's your moral majority, the entire Bible Belt which tv producers (for the mainstream networks) realize is their advertising bread and butter. It's funny, Black and Asian isn't consider too shocking (there is a black and asian couple on the popular series "Men in Trees"), Hispanics and Asian you don't see since those two groups tend not to like each other. The tv show Bones shows a romance between and asian woman and a white mail. White and black couples, usually on crime scene shows, gay couples more affluent, but still not mainstream shows,

The woman on bones is actually half white, half East Asian

Physics news on Phys.org
animalcroc said:
Don't rely on citations for everything or else you'll never get anywhere. Make your own citations from first-hand experience.
This is exactly wrong. Anecdotal information is the least reliable evidence.

Danger said:
Hey, I'm straight, but I'm not blind.
The expression is more eloquently:

Hey, I may be straight but I'm not narrow. :approve:

animalcroc said:
Don't rely on citations for everything or else you'll never get anywhere. Make your own citations from first-hand experience.
Don't rely on the BS you read on the net either. 93% of the statistics are made up.