Have you considered using ice melting for fire simulation?

• Thread starter lgewuerz
  • Start date
In summary, ice melting has been considered as a potential solution for fire simulation in certain situations. While it may not be suitable for all fire scenarios, it has shown promise in creating a realistic and controllable fire simulation. Its use in training and education purposes has also been explored, providing a safe and cost-effective alternative to traditional fire simulation methods. However, further research and development is needed to fully understand the effectiveness and limitations of using ice melting for fire simulation.
lgewuerz
Hi all,
I am currently working in the field of fire simulation and as a mathematician and software developer, I do not have expertise in physics. I really liked the posts so far, that's why I am here :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. Fire simulation sounds interesting.

anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. Fire simulation sounds interesting.
It is, but as I said, I don't understand much about the physical part. I am really glad that such a forum exists.

Welcome to the PF. :smile:
lgewuerz said:
I am currently working in the field of fire simulation and as a mathematician and software developer
Wow, that does sound interesting! Maybe check out this thread to see if you'd like to add anything...

Comparing Water and Ice Melting for fighting fires

:smile:

Likes lgewuerz