What are some good healthy snacks that won't leave you hungry in 10 minutes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ideas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
NeoDevin
Messages
334
Reaction score
2
What are some good ideas for healthy snacks that won't leave me hungry again in 10 minutes?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here are some snacks I like...I think they are all pretty healthy. Of course it depends if you're trying to lose weight, I would avoid the carbs.

Popcorn, if you make it yourself (not using the bags filled with gobs of goo).

Also you can do a lot with peanut butter, which is healthy if you use natural kinds (avoid partially hydrogenated oils like the plague). Spread it on crackers, celery, etc. You can make a peanut butter banana sandwich.

Vermont Cabot Extra sharp cheddar is good with just about anything, such as apples or crackers. These two are also a good combination in a sandwich.

I also like English muffins with jam.

Cottage cheese is another nice snack. Try it mixed with peach slices, or with maple syrup drizzled on top.

Make your own trail mix with raisins, almonds (excellent source of protein), chex and stuff.

Cinnamon and applesauce. Vanilla yogurt.

Real guacamole dip with chips, or chunky salsa

Some good teas...like vanilla chai tea and Rooibos. Drink with milk and real honey
 
Chainsaw and a cow... fire is optional. You can't go wrong.
 
A hard boiled egg.

A bit of cheese.

A glass of milk.

Nuts.

Protein snacks, IMO, stay with you for hours. For me, a little milk will satiate for a long time...best bang for the buck.
 
Liver mush.

Just saw it on Bizzare Foods. Serve it covered with grape jelly on a hamburger bun.

I'd say after eating that, you may not want to eat again for days.
 
Evo said:
Liver mush.

Just saw it on Bizzare Foods. Serve it covered with grape jelly on a hamburger bun.

I'd say after eating that, you may not want to eat again for days.

Made me think of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverwurst" , which we used to eat on buttered english muffins for breakfast. I supposed it's an acquired taste...

Regardless, actually sounds good to me right now. Maybe it's my background... maybe it's my pregnant state... or maybe I need to stop reading threads about food. :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Liver mush.

Just saw it on Bizzare Foods. Serve it covered with grape jelly on a hamburger bun.

I'd say after eating that, you may not want to eat again for days.

:smile: If you can even keep it down.
 
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/diet_book_author_advocates_new_no
 
OH, I love to eat fruits and veggies! But mostly fruits, it can be pretty expensive though...they keep raising the prices in the produce section.