Hecht optics: Request for screenshot of this figure please

• Thread starter e101101
  • Start date
e101101
Homework Statement:
need figure to solve problem.
Relevant Equations:
none
Can someone simply screenshot this figure and send to me: Consider Figure 5.4 d) on page 153 of Hecht. As shown, converging rays that are headed toward the point F convert to a plane wave upon hitting the boundary between n2 and n1.

Answers and Replies

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I could. It took me 4 minutes to find it. About 10$ at my current hourly rate. If you can explain why you want to let me steal this instead of infringing on his copyright yourself, I might be inclined to oblige...

berkeman
Mentor
Homework Statement: need figure to solve problem.
Homework Equations: none

Can someone simply screenshot this figure and send to me: Consider Figure 5.4 d) on page 153 of Hecht. As shown, converging rays that are headed toward the point F convert to a plane wave upon hitting the boundary between n2 and n1.
Can't you just a (good quality) picture with your phone and attach that picture as a file in your post?

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
My phone can only phone ... looks like a nokia 105 but is at least twelve years old.
But thats's not the point.
I was referring to
1572361097189.png

And the apparent 'passive attitude' of the OP ...

berkeman
Mentor
Under "Fair Use" laws for copyrights, a very limited portion of a copyrighted work can be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of commenting on it or asking questions about it. Attribution needs to be included along with a link or citation to the original copyrighted work. As long as the OP includes a link or citation of the book and section with his post of the picture, that should qualify as Fair Use, IMO.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/
My phone can only phone
LOL :smile:

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Now all we need to know is why PF have to do the work instead of the OP ...

Suggested for: Hecht optics: Request for screenshot of this figure please

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies