Help Acquiring a Research Paper From ScienceDirect

In summary, the individual is seeking help in obtaining a research paper from a specific link and has been unsuccessful in asking their teacher and the deputy head. They express concern about the cost of purchasing the paper and wonder if students and professors at universities have free access to these research sites. They are informed that access to the paper may be restricted and locked, and that prices for access are high even for American schools.
Physics news on Phys.org
Like I said in the other thread $31 (1670 indian rupees) is a little less than the amount of money that my parents give me in 3 months and spending that money on a paper which may or may not be useful is difficult.

I'm only asking because don't people who go to universities like professors and students get free access to these research sites?

PraAnan said:
Like I said in the other thread $31 (1670 indian rupees) is a little less than the amount of money that my parents give me in 3 months and spending that money on a paper which may or may not be useful is difficult.

I'm only asking because don't people who go to universities like professors and students get free access to these research sites?

If they do have access to the paper, it would be under terms that would keep them from making free copies for others who do not have free access. If you cannot get access through your [STRIKE]university's [/STRIKE] school's library system, then we cannot help you here. Thread locked.

If it soothes your pain, prices of access to the papers are prohibitive even for American schools.

1. How do I acquire a research paper from ScienceDirect?

Acquiring a research paper from ScienceDirect is a simple process. First, you will need to create an account on the ScienceDirect website. Once you have an account, you can search for the specific paper you are looking for by using keywords or browsing through the subject categories. When you find the paper you want, you can either purchase it or access it through a subscription if your institution has one.

2. Is there a cost to acquire a research paper from ScienceDirect?

Yes, there is a cost associated with acquiring a research paper from ScienceDirect. The amount will depend on the specific paper and whether or not you have a subscription or institutional access. You can also purchase individual papers on a pay-per-view basis.

3. Can I access research papers from ScienceDirect for free?

Unfortunately, access to research papers on ScienceDirect is not free. However, some institutions may have subscriptions that allow their students and faculty to access papers for free. Additionally, ScienceDirect offers a limited number of open access papers that are available for free.

4. What format are the research papers on ScienceDirect available in?

The majority of research papers on ScienceDirect are available in PDF format. However, some papers may also be available in HTML or EPUB formats. You can choose which format you prefer when accessing the paper.

5. Can I download and save research papers from ScienceDirect?

Yes, you can download and save research papers from ScienceDirect for your personal use. However, there are restrictions on how much and how often you can download papers, as well as guidelines for proper usage and citation. Be sure to check the copyright and usage policies for each paper before downloading.