Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed

1. Jul 31, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.worldaheadpublishing.com/titles/lumb.php#

Political messaging has long been a part of children's cartoons. What makes this different, it seems to me, is that this is more of an attack on liberals than a political statement supporting a specific position - stop the war, stop pollution, stop the arms race, etc. But I guess this is a matter of freedom of speech. And of course the irony is that the "Conservatives" have proven to be the biggest spenders of all!!! So perhaps the publisher can be sued for fraud?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2007 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes I must agree Ivan, that from the title it seems deliberately aimed at breeding hatred rather than presenting a particular viewpoint. But I have not read the book so I can't really comment on the content.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. Jul 31, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, even the title the book is pretty insulting, and I'm not even a liberal! But the jist of the book is that the liberals [complete with a Kennedy look-alike] put a lemonade stand out of business with taxes and regulations.

5. Jul 31, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I had to verify this wasn't an adult humor book. <shakes head> it's takes all kinds.

I'm just so glad that I grew up in a home so mixed up that I had a red neck atheist father and a devout Roman Catholic liberal mother. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?