Help with fluid pressure, Pascal's principle, and Dalton's law for physics test

  • Thread starter Thread starter mathaTon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics Topics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
mathaTon
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone

I have a physics test tomarrow. Unfortunately we never had a physics textbook so I never understood what our Instructor was talking about. I have notes. but it is not helping. I have researched Nasa, unable to find an easy explanation to these topics.

Can You redirect me to the right direction or try explaning some of the general concepts. I am an idoit, when it comes to Physics.:cry:

I will be appreciate any inputs.
SECTION 1 - PROPERTIES of FLUIDS at REST
1. The atmospheric Pressure and Oxygen concentration..how does it differ at sea level or altitute?
2. ----------
3. Pascal's Principle
4. Principles of Pressure Measurement
5. The Hydraulic Press
6. Archimedes' Principle

SECTION 2 - CLINICAL EFFECTS of PRESSURE and GASES
1. Dalton's Law
2. Partial Pressure and Fractional Inspired Gas Concentrations
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You should never wait for the last minute for these things. You should have gone to the library or something.

3. Pascal's principle
Pascal's principle states that the pressure exerted on a fluid is distributed equally throughout the fluid. The hydraulic jack is an application of this theory.
By Pascal's principle,
http://www.scientia.org/cadonline/Physics/fluids/gifs/image27.gif
http://www.scientia.org/cadonline/Physics/fluids/gifs/image28.gif

6.Archimedes' Principle

An object is buoyed up with a force equal to the weight of the liquid it displaces.

1.Dalton's Law

The Total Pressure of a gas mixture is the sum of the Partial Pressure of each gas.
P total = P1 + P2 + P3 + ...Pn

The Hydraulic Presshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_Press

You could search the free online encyclopedia - Wikipedia for more info.
 
Last edited by a moderator: