Help with something to do with angular stuff?

• Thread starter paradoxical
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angular
In summary, the block will start to slip on the turntable after a time interval that can be calculated using the formula for the force that maintains circular motion, which is equal to mrw^2. The normal force in this case is equal to the weight of the block, and the coefficient of static friction is 0.34. It may also be helpful to do a force body diagram to calculate Fs.
paradoxical
A copper block rests 39.0 cm from the center of a steel turntable. The coefficient of static friction between the block and the surface is 0.34. The turntable starts from rest and rotates with a constant angular acceleration of 0.50 rad/s2. After what time interval will the block start to slip on the turntable? (Hint: The normal force in this case equals the weight of the block.)

I seriously have no idea which formulas to use...Thanks!

Solved...thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know how to calculate the centrifugal force on a rotating object?

HallsofIvy said:

I only know how to do centripetal forces...

Actually hold on...maybe

I have down the formula:

force that maintains circular motion=mrw^2

If there was a way to find angular displacement, that would be helpful.

HallsofIvy said:

If you're trying to confuse the poor lad, that's not very nice. Centrifugal force, as I'm sure you know, is a fictional force, which means, for the purposes of this thread, that it doesn't exist.

Try doing a force body diagram.

Ok...I'm trying to calculate what Fs is now...thanks!

What is Angular?

Angular is a popular open-source JavaScript framework used for building modern web and mobile applications. It is maintained by Google and offers a comprehensive set of features for front-end development.

What are the key features of Angular?

Angular offers features such as two-way data binding, dependency injection, templates, components, and routing. It also has a rich set of built-in directives and pipes for easy data manipulation and transformation.

How does Angular differ from other JavaScript frameworks?

Angular is a complete framework that provides a structured and opinionated approach to building applications. It has a steep learning curve but offers a robust set of tools for creating large-scale applications. Other popular frameworks such as React and Vue are more lightweight and offer more flexibility.

What is the latest version of Angular?

The latest version of Angular is Angular 12, released in May 2021. It offers improvements in performance, bug fixes, and new features such as strict mode, improved error handling, and updated APIs.

How can I get started with Angular?

To get started with Angular, you can follow the official documentation on the Angular website. It provides a step-by-step guide on how to install Angular, set up a development environment, and create your first application. There are also many tutorials and resources available online for learning Angular.