Hey guys,So I have been playing with LogLogPlot in Mathematica and

In summary, LogLogPlot is a function in Mathematica used for plotting data on a logarithmic scale. It is useful for visualizing data with a large range of values or displaying power law relationships between variables. To use LogLogPlot, data must be in list or table form and can be customized with labels, colors, and styles. The main difference between LogLogPlot and Plot in Mathematica is the type of scale used - logarithmic vs linear. To change the base of the logarithmic scale, the option "LogarithmicScaleBase" can be used. Grid lines can also be added to LogLogPlot using the "GridLines" option with customizable style and spacing.
R.P.F.
Hey guys,

So I have been playing with LogLogPlot in Mathematica and it seems to me that PlotRange->{a,b} does not work. I also tried Show[%,PlotRange->{a,b}] but somehow my axes got cut off. Anyone knows how to do it if I want to display a certain area of a log-log plot?

Physics news on Phys.org

Is a zero?

FunkyDwarf said:
Is a zero?

Nope. It's 10^-5.

FunkyDwarf said:
Is a zero?

Ah. Now that I went back to check my notebook and realized that I did put 0 there...Sorry for my stupidity. Thanks for pointing that out! :biggrin:

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with LogLogPlot in Mathematica. I have also encountered issues with the PlotRange function in the past. One possible solution could be to use the ScalingFunctions option in LogLogPlot. This allows you to specify the scaling of the axes and can help with displaying a certain area of the plot. Another option could be to manually adjust the axes using the AxesOrigin and PlotRangePadding options. I would also suggest checking the documentation for LogLogPlot to see if there are any specific guidelines for using PlotRange. I hope this helps and happy plotting!

1. What is LogLogPlot in Mathematica?

LogLogPlot is a function in the Mathematica software that allows for plotting of data on a logarithmic scale. It is useful for visualizing data that has a large range of values or for displaying relationships between variables that follow a power law.

2. How do I use LogLogPlot in Mathematica?

To use LogLogPlot, you first need to have your data in the form of a list or table. Then, you can use the LogLogPlot function and specify the data as the first argument. You can also customize the plot by adding options such as labels, colors, and styles.

3. What is the difference between LogLogPlot and Plot in Mathematica?

LogLogPlot is used for plotting data on a logarithmic scale, while Plot is used for plotting data on a linear scale. LogLogPlot is useful for visualizing data that follows a power law or has a large range of values, while Plot is better for displaying linear relationships between variables.

4. How can I change the base of the logarithmic scale in LogLogPlot?

You can change the base of the logarithmic scale in LogLogPlot by using the option "LogarithmicScaleBase" and specifying the desired base. The default base is 10, but you can change it to any positive value.

5. Can I add grid lines to LogLogPlot in Mathematica?

Yes, you can add grid lines to LogLogPlot by using the option "GridLines" and specifying the desired grid lines. You can also customize the style and spacing of the grid lines using additional options.