Hey, what has happened to?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
Hey,

What's happened to Varon?

I searched his username and now it has a line in the middle of it. Banned?

Evo

Mentor
Hey,

What's happened to Varon?

I searched his username and now it has a line in the middle of it. Banned?
He is no longer with us.

I have found some usernames which doesn't have lines in middle but they are not bold as our usernames are. What does that mean?

DaveC426913

Gold Member
And JaredJames? Is he ever coming back?

Evo

Mentor
I have found some usernames which doesn't have lines in middle but they are not bold as our usernames are. What does that mean?
Unless they have N/A under their names, that means that they never completed registration.

Evo

Mentor
And JaredJames? Is he ever coming back?
I hope so, he wasn't banned, he left, but I am still in contact with him. He is such a wonderful person.

If anyone wants to contact jared, let me know.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
I hope so, he wasn't banned, he left, but I am still in contact with him. He is such a wonderful person.

If anyone wants to contact jared, let me know.
But I thought members couldn't cancel their accounts and Mods wouldn't. In the past, people have been told that stopping their memberships consists simply of not making any more posts. I guess that's not the case now?

Evo

Mentor
But I thought members couldn't cancel their accounts and Mods wouldn't. In the past, people have been told that stopping their memberships consists simply of not making any more posts. I guess that's not the case now?
He requested to be banned, his account wasn't canceled.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
He requested to be banned, his account wasn't canceled.
Ah. If you talk to him again, let him know I was asking after him. :smile:

Borek

Mentor
Please note old user can change his email address but later not follow the confirmation link - he then automatically becomes "unconfirmed" user. Sometimes it is accidental (mail problem), sometimes it is deliberate.

What does N/A mean then?

I'll bite, rather then starting a new thread, what happened to nismaratwork?

Evo

Mentor
I'll bite, rather then starting a new thread, what happened to nismaratwork?
He was temp banned, and he decided not to come back and requested a permanent ban. :cry:

Let me know if you wish to contact him.

If possible that would be great, he had posted quite a bit in the craft beer thread, us beer nuts gotta stick together.

Evo

Mentor
If possible that would be great, he had posted quite a bit in the craft beer thread, us beer nuts gotta stick together.
I'll contact him and get back to you via PM. I really miss him in the food thread.

rhody

Gold Member
I'll contact him and get back to you via PM. I really miss him in the food thread.
Insanity, Evo,

nismara is a friend of mine as well, I drop him e-mails when there is something I think he should see here on the forums. He was busy last time I sent him one about a week ago. He always gets back to me, I miss him too.

Rhody... :approve:

Thanks, other then the craft beer thread, I don't think we really shared any other interests, but he seemed greatly interested and we replied to each other often.

I like Serena

Homework Helper
I had an interesting exchange with nismaratwork too about dreams, where he showed himself to be quite a reasonable chap.
When I saw he had been banned it definitely drew my attention.

Thanks for the explanation.
I still wonder though what the point is of being banned permanently over simply being an inactive member?

Evo

Mentor
I had an interesting exchange with nismaratwork too about dreams, where he showed himself to be quite a reasonable chap.
When I saw he had been banned it definitely drew my attention.

Thanks for the explanation.
I still wonder though what the point is of being banned permanently over simply being an inactive member?
Most people are banned as crackpots, or refusing to follow the rules, or both. A very few request a ban to prevent them from posting. Jared and nismar fall into the latter.