Hey, what has happened to?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary: again?It means that they are no longer with us. Nismaratwork was banned because he refused to follow the rules of the forum and he was a crackpot. Evo is also banned for refusing to follow the rules, but he is still a member because he has not posted maliciously.Like tiny-tim or micromass, or, god forbid, Evo! :cry:Not Applicable
StevieTNZ
Hey,

What's happened to Varon?

I searched his username and now it has a line in the middle of it. Banned?

Physics news on Phys.org
StevieTNZ said:
Hey,

What's happened to Varon?

I searched his username and now it has a line in the middle of it. Banned?
He is no longer with us.

I have found some usernames which doesn't have lines in middle but they are not bold as our usernames are. What does that mean?

And JaredJames? Is he ever coming back?

Pranav-Arora said:
I have found some usernames which doesn't have lines in middle but they are not bold as our usernames are. What does that mean?
Unless they have N/A under their names, that means that they never completed registration.

DaveC426913 said:
And JaredJames? Is he ever coming back?
I hope so, he wasn't banned, he left, but I am still in contact with him. He is such a wonderful person.

If anyone wants to contact jared, let me know.

Evo said:
I hope so, he wasn't banned, he left, but I am still in contact with him. He is such a wonderful person.

If anyone wants to contact jared, let me know.

But I thought members couldn't cancel their accounts and Mods wouldn't. In the past, people have been told that stopping their memberships consists simply of not making any more posts. I guess that's not the case now?

DaveC426913 said:
But I thought members couldn't cancel their accounts and Mods wouldn't. In the past, people have been told that stopping their memberships consists simply of not making any more posts. I guess that's not the case now?
He requested to be banned, his account wasn't canceled.

Evo said:
He requested to be banned, his account wasn't canceled.

Ah. If you talk to him again, let him know I was asking after him. :smile:

Please note old user can change his email address but later not follow the confirmation link - he then automatically becomes "unconfirmed" user. Sometimes it is accidental (mail problem), sometimes it is deliberate.

What does N/A mean then?

mishrashubham said:
What does N/A mean then?
Not Applicable

I'll bite, rather then starting a new thread, what happened to nismaratwork?

Insanity said:
I'll bite, rather then starting a new thread, what happened to nismaratwork?
He was temp banned, and he decided not to come back and requested a permanent ban. :cry:

Let me know if you wish to contact him.

If possible that would be great, he had posted quite a bit in the craft beer thread, us beer nuts got to stick together.

Insanity said:
If possible that would be great, he had posted quite a bit in the craft beer thread, us beer nuts got to stick together.
I'll contact him and get back to you via PM. I really miss him in the food thread.

Insanity said:
Evo said:
I'll contact him and get back to you via PM. I really miss him in the food thread.
Insanity, Evo,

nismara is a friend of mine as well, I drop him e-mails when there is something I think he should see here on the forums. He was busy last time I sent him one about a week ago. He always gets back to me, I miss him too.

Rhody... :approve:

Thanks, other then the craft beer thread, I don't think we really shared any other interests, but he seemed greatly interested and we replied to each other often.

I had an interesting exchange with nismaratwork too about dreams, where he showed himself to be quite a reasonable chap.
When I saw he had been banned it definitely drew my attention.

Thanks for the explanation.
I still wonder though what the point is of being banned permanently over simply being an inactive member?

I like Serena said:
I had an interesting exchange with nismaratwork too about dreams, where he showed himself to be quite a reasonable chap.
When I saw he had been banned it definitely drew my attention.

Thanks for the explanation.
I still wonder though what the point is of being banned permanently over simply being an inactive member?
Most people are banned as crackpots, or refusing to follow the rules, or both. A very few request a ban to prevent them from posting. Jared and nismar fall into the latter.

Evo said:
Most people are banned as crackpots, or refusing to follow the rules, or both. A very few request a ban to prevent them from posting. Jared and nismar fall into the latter.

Of course, that actually makes a lot of sense! :smile:
But wait! That means all our frequent posters are at risk!
Like tiny-tim or micromass, or, god forbid, Evo! :cry:

Evo said:
Not Applicable
Well I know that. But what does it mean when placed under someone's username?

And does that mean nismaratwork will never be able to post on PF again?

I like Serena said:
Of course, that actually makes a lot of sense! :smile:
But wait! That means all our frequent posters are at risk!
Like tiny-tim or micromass, or, god forbid, Evo! :cry:

Well, it's not that Evo never banned me before... I just never requested it :biggrin:

Sorry Evo :tongue:

Ban micro! :biggrin:

mishrashubham said:
Well I know that. But what does it mean when placed under someone's username?
I believe it means that they no longer show up on searches, even though you might still stumble on one of their posts

And does that mean nismaratwork will never be able to post on PF again?
Nismar is not N/A, he requested a permanent ban, so technically, yes, he could come back. I doubt that he will.

If you contact them next time, tell them it's not cool at all.

1. What has happened to the ozone layer?

The ozone layer has been significantly damaged by the release of chemicals such as chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) into the atmosphere. This has led to a thinning of the ozone layer and an increase in harmful UV radiation reaching the Earth's surface.

2. Hey, what has happened to the polar ice caps?

The polar ice caps have been melting at an alarming rate due to global warming. This is primarily caused by the increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which trap heat and lead to a rise in temperatures. This melting ice has significant impacts on sea levels and the Earth's climate.

3. What has happened to the bee population?

The bee population has been declining in recent years due to a combination of factors, including pesticide use, habitat loss, and disease. This is a major concern as bees play a crucial role in pollinating crops and maintaining ecosystem balance.

4. Hey, what has happened to the rainforests?

The rainforests have been steadily decreasing in size due to deforestation for agricultural purposes, logging, and development. This has significant impacts on biodiversity, climate change, and Indigenous communities who rely on the rainforest for their livelihoods.

5. What has happened to the Great Barrier Reef?

The Great Barrier Reef has been severely damaged by climate change, with rising ocean temperatures causing coral bleaching and death. Pollution and overfishing also contribute to the decline of this important marine ecosystem. Efforts are being made to protect and restore the reef, but it remains under threat.