Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hey, what has happened to?

1. Jun 27, 2011 #1
    Hey,

What's happened to Varon?

I searched his username and now it has a line in the middle of it. Banned?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

He is no longer with us.

4. Jun 27, 2011 #3
    I have found some usernames which doesn't have lines in middle but they are not bold as our usernames are. What does that mean?

5. Jun 27, 2011 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

And JaredJames? Is he ever coming back?

6. Jun 27, 2011 #5

Evo

Unless they have N/A under their names, that means that they never completed registration.

7. Jun 27, 2011 #6

Evo

I hope so, he wasn't banned, he left, but I am still in contact with him. He is such a wonderful person.

If anyone wants to contact jared, let me know.

8. Jun 27, 2011 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

But I thought members couldn't cancel their accounts and Mods wouldn't. In the past, people have been told that stopping their memberships consists simply of not making any more posts. I guess that's not the case now?

9. Jun 27, 2011 #8

Evo

He requested to be banned, his account wasn't canceled.

10. Jun 28, 2011 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Ah. If you talk to him again, let him know I was asking after him. :smile:

11. Jun 28, 2011 #10

Borek

Please note old user can change his email address but later not follow the confirmation link - he then automatically becomes "unconfirmed" user. Sometimes it is accidental (mail problem), sometimes it is deliberate.

12. Jun 28, 2011 #11
    What does N/A mean then?

13. Jun 28, 2011 #12

Evo

Not Applicable

14. Jun 28, 2011 #13
    I'll bite, rather then starting a new thread, what happened to nismaratwork?

15. Jun 28, 2011 #14

Evo

He was temp banned, and he decided not to come back and requested a permanent ban. :cry:

Let me know if you wish to contact him.

16. Jun 28, 2011 #15
    If possible that would be great, he had posted quite a bit in the craft beer thread, us beer nuts gotta stick together.

17. Jun 28, 2011 #16

Evo

I'll contact him and get back to you via PM. I really miss him in the food thread.

18. Jun 28, 2011 #17

rhody

Gold Member

Insanity, Evo,

nismara is a friend of mine as well, I drop him e-mails when there is something I think he should see here on the forums. He was busy last time I sent him one about a week ago. He always gets back to me, I miss him too.

Rhody... :approve:

19. Jun 28, 2011 #18
    Thanks, other then the craft beer thread, I don't think we really shared any other interests, but he seemed greatly interested and we replied to each other often.

20. Jun 28, 2011 #19

I like Serena

Homework Helper

I had an interesting exchange with nismaratwork too about dreams, where he showed himself to be quite a reasonable chap.
    When I saw he had been banned it definitely drew my attention.

Thanks for the explanation.
    I still wonder though what the point is of being banned permanently over simply being an inactive member?

21. Jun 28, 2011 #20

Evo

Most people are banned as crackpots, or refusing to follow the rules, or both. A very few request a ban to prevent them from posting. Jared and nismar fall into the latter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?