Hi. I'm Ladybug. I have researched ant Behavior slot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ladybug
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 341 views
Ladybug
Hi. My interest in science is related to Nature, Neurology, & planet Earth.

BTW, ants are attracted to electricity. Ants can sense electromagnetic fields & they will colonize any outlet, switch, junction box, or other electrical device that is accessible to them.

Read about the swarms of red ants that are destroying manufacturing facilities in Texas.

Chickens, ducks, geese, swans and similar birds prey on ants. As Avian species have decreased in population, ants have increased in population.

There's a guy in Florida who studies ants by pouring molten aluminum down the ant tunnels in the Florida soil, then exhibits the complex castings as "art".
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm an EE power engineer. I'm attracted to electricity also. 😉
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: marcusl and berkeman