Homework Help section FAQS Why has no one answered my question?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter ArcanaNoir
  • Start date
In summary, the mentors are discussing the idea of adding a reminder to the "why has no one answered my question" sticky thread to check if the user has asked multiple questions in one post. Some mentors find it annoying to answer more than two questions in a thread and to continuously help with a user's assignment after solving one problem.
ArcanaNoir
Homework Help section FAQS "Why has no one answered my question?"

I've notice sometimes people post a slew of questions in a single post. Two is okay, but more than five becomes off-putting. maybe in the sticky thread "why has no one answered my question" it could be added "Did you ask multiple questions in the same post?".

Physics news on Phys.org

The Mentors are discussing this idea, please stay tuned.

ArcanaNoir said:
I've notice sometimes people post a slew of questions in a single post. Two is okay, but more than five becomes off-putting. maybe in the sticky thread "why has no one answered my question" it could be added "Did you ask multiple questions in the same post?".

I do second that. Maybe it's just me, but I find it very annoying to answer more than two questions in a thread.
And I also find it quite annoying to having worked out a problem with a user, and then having to answer all his next questions on his assignment :grumpy:

Am I being grumpy for nothing here? :biggrin:

1. Why is no one answering my question?

There could be a few reasons why your question has not been answered yet. It could be that your question is too vague or unclear, or it may have already been answered in a previous post. Another possibility is that your question is too difficult or complex for other users to answer.

2. How can I improve my chances of getting an answer?

To increase your chances of receiving an answer, make sure to state your question clearly and provide as much detail as possible. Also, try to search for similar questions that have already been answered to see if you can find a solution. Additionally, consider offering a reward for the person who answers your question.

3. Can I request a specific person to answer my question?

No, the Homework Help section is a community-based platform where anyone can answer questions. It is not possible to request a specific person to answer your question.

4. How long does it usually take to get an answer?

The time it takes to receive an answer can vary. It depends on the complexity of your question and if there is someone who knows the answer. Some questions may be answered within a few hours, while others may take a few days.

5. What should I do if my question is urgent?

If your question is urgent, you may want to consider seeking help from a tutor or reaching out to your teacher/professor. The Homework Help section is not a substitute for professional help, and there is no guarantee that your question will be answered in a timely manner.