How are numbers stored in F2 and F3 matrix in Fortran programming?

  • Topic: Fortran 
  • Thread starter Thread starter scorzolin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fortran Programming
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
scorzolin
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I'm stuck on a fortran line code where I have a doubt on its interpretation.

The line is the following:

-----------------------------------------
dimension F2(4,6,2), F3(5,7,2)

...

open(77,...)

read(77, '(4I3)') F2,F3
-----------------------------------------

the file contains 118 numbers in 30 lines of 4 numbers (the last line has only 2 numbers).

considering that the file contains the numbers from 1 to 118 in this way
001 002 003 004
005 006 007 008
...
117 118

how these numbers are stored in the F2 and F3 matrix?

I suppose they are stored in the following way
F2(1,1,1)= 001
F2(2,1,1)= 002
F2(3,1,1)= 003
F2(4,1,1)= 004
F2(1,2,1)= 005
F2(2,2,1)= 006
F2(3,2,1)= 007
F2(4,2,1)= 008
...
F3(1,1,1)= 049
...

Is it correct?

or, if NOT, where I'm wrong?

thank you in advance for the help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, since you know the order of the numbers in your input text file, you could simply run the program and print out the first few values to see if you are correct.