How can I bridge the gap between IT experience and a PhD in Earth Science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter adavid
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 343 views
adavid
How did you find PF?
Googled what ... + c.c. meant
Hi all. I was impressed with the polite, succint response to a question put to PF about a puzzling term I was seeing in a couple of review papers I was given to read by my potential supervisor.

A bit of background. 40 years in IT including 8 years onsite support for a couple of supercomputers. Started a PhD in Earth Science, but had to withdraw due to work pressures after the onsite work dried up.

Running to get up-to-speed in this new field and hope to decode some of the symbolic differences I have encounted between maths and physics.
 
Physics news on Phys.org