How can I calculate spin Hall conductivity for a 4*4 Hamiltonian?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Mohammad-gl
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 5K views
Mohammad-gl
Messages
29
Reaction score
4
TL;DR
Spin Hall conductivity formula
I'm trying to calculate spin Hall conductivity for a 4 × 4 Hamiltonian and I found the attached formula for spin Hall conductivity. What are Dirac matrices for 4× 4 Hamiltonian?
Capture.PNG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have not checked it but from context I assume these are the Dirac matrices that you are familiar with from the Dirac equation in QFT, i.e. the gamma matrices that generate the Clifford algebra (as the 2x2 Pauli matrices that you are used to when talking about spin are also generators of the Clifford algebra, hence the connection)
 
pines-demon said:
Source?
This is the reference.
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.94.226601
 
phyro said:
I have not checked it but from context I assume these are the Dirac matrices that you are familiar with from the Dirac equation in QFT, i.e. the gamma matrices that generate the Clifford algebra (as the 2x2 Pauli matrices that you are used to when talking about spin are also generators of the Clifford algebra, hence the connection)
Thank you. I want to know metrices form.