How Can I Compute the Different Amplitudes of a Simple Sound Source in Air?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NonameNoface
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Source
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
NonameNoface
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi ,

Here's a problem I need some help with ,

A simple source of sound in air radiates an acoustic power of 10 mW at 400 hz . At 0.5 m from the source , compute

1. intensity
2. the pressure amplitude
3. the particle speed amplitude
4. The particle displacement amplitude
5. condensation amplitude

I have found the intensity , but i am not sure as how to go further to compute 2,3,4 and 5 . To add , I also know how to go about computing pressure amplitude , just that I do not know how to compute the value of the pressure amplitude with the given info . Any help would be appreciated ..

NonameNoface
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks

i think I have found the answer to the question myself .. thanks anyway ..

NonameNoface