How Can I Help My Son Overcome Insecurities in Math and Physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BenjaminFromOttawa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    education
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 931 views
BenjaminFromOttawa
Hi, my name is Ben and I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My son and I are trying to understand more about math and physics. My educational background is philosophy (M.A.). He has grown up (he's now 18) always feeling insecure and left behind in math and physics and I want to change that. He is an artist--a musician and a writer, and an intelligent young man (I know I'm biased!), and I want him to learn about the world of science and math. This will help his self-confidence and open his world to the wonder and joy of learning things in a proper, fundamentally-oriented way. It is my further hope to learn myself, and eventually improve the way these subjects are taught in school, to help others who may have struggled or who will struggle. Nice to be here and take care everybody!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Zionic and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org