How Can I Improve My Physics Coursework on Internal Resistance Measurement?

In summary, the speaker is new to the internet but has completed an ICT GCSE course and is seeking help with an experiment involving measuring the internal resistance of a cell. They have successfully completed the steps of finding the voltage and current and plotting them on a graph to determine the gradient, but are now struggling with the evaluation portion and identifying any limitations in their experiment. They mention the limitations of using only one digital multimeter and the low precision of both the analogue and digital meters. They are seeking ideas and suggestions for their coursework and express frustration with unapproachable teachers.
puresweetness
hi

im sort of new to this internet stuff, my fam only bought the computer yday, but i did to an ict gcse at school so I am not entirely not "in with it"! but i needed some help. I've done everything perfect so far withthe experiment and the recording results but I am on the evaluation part,

my coursework is to do with measuring the internal resistnce of a cell. I am doing that by finding outthe voltage and the current and then plotting them on a graph and finding out the gradient which is the internal resistance.

ive done all that but now the specifications asking me about any limitations... all i can think of is that we could only use one digital multimetre and the precision on both analogue and digital availabe were quite low...
whatelse could i write though?
any ideas?

please help I am so confused and I am determined to do well.. i wish they gave us some sort of push in the right direction but my teachers are v. unapproachable its scary to think about what id get if i didnt have people that could give me a few pointers... please do it'll be very much appreciated :blushing:

love to all, mia X

Physics news on Phys.org
The lack of precision of the meters is a good observation. You could do something to quantify the possible error in your measured resistance in terms of the known, or assumed, uncertainty in your voltage and current readings. If you think you need to go beyind that, what do you know about the behavior of any resistor as the current changes? Is R really constant? How does that behavior enter into your analysis?

1. What is the purpose of Physics coursework at A-levels?

Physics coursework at A-levels is designed to deepen your understanding of the fundamental principles and laws of physics, and to develop your scientific thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. What topics are typically covered in Physics coursework at A-levels?

The topics covered in Physics coursework at A-levels may vary depending on the specific curriculum, but typically include mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, thermodynamics, and nuclear physics.

3. How is Physics coursework at A-levels assessed?

Physics coursework at A-levels is typically assessed through a combination of written exams, practical assessments, and coursework assignments. These may include experiments, investigations, and data analysis tasks.

4. What skills are required for success in Physics coursework at A-levels?

To succeed in Physics coursework at A-levels, it is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics and a good understanding of scientific principles. Critical thinking, problem-solving, and data analysis skills are also essential.

5. How can I prepare for Physics coursework at A-levels?

To prepare for Physics coursework at A-levels, you can review key concepts and principles, practice problem-solving and data analysis, and familiarize yourself with the format of exams and assessments. You can also seek guidance from your teachers and use textbooks and online resources for additional support.