How can we increase visibility of the chess forum on the main PF page?

  • Topic: Suggestion 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Pattonias
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 3K views
Pattonias
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
I was just wondering if we could get any kind of link to the chess forum from the main PF page. The first few days I actually couldn't remember what links I had to go through to find it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
have you tried an NP sacrifice?

Hi Pattonias! :smile:

I think every time you move, the server also moves.

Perhaps we should be able to set the level of difficulty, eg P or NP ? :wink:
 
Pattonias said:
I was just wondering if we could get any kind of link to the chess forum from the main PF page. The first few days I actually couldn't remember what links I had to go through to find it.

Why not simply bookmark the Chess subforum, if it is of special interest to you?

Otherwise, it would be only fair to have links to all subforums on the PF main page. Not sure if Greg would want to do that, though he might.
 
I have an idea!

Why not make a new feature that enables each member to stick a number of subforums [or threads] that s/he’s interested in, in her/his profile!

Not sure if it’s possible though...
 
drizzle said:
I have an idea!

Why not make a new feature that enables each member to stick a number of subforums [or threads] that s/he’s interested in, in her/his profile!

Not sure if it’s possible though...
Could just bookmark the links. Might be faster.

Edit: Oh, I see Redbelly98 already suggested that.
 
Last edited:
drizzle said:
I have an idea!

Why not make a new feature that enables each member to stick a number of subforums [or threads] that s/he’s interested in, in her/his profile!

Not sure if it’s possible though...
You can subscribe to threads and subforums. Clicking on "My PF" then shows subscribed threads with the most recent activity, and subscribed subforums.
 
Redbelly98 said:
You can subscribe to threads and subforums. Clicking on "My PF" then shows subscribed threads with the most recent activity, and subscribed subforums.

IF I deleted the subscribed threads, I won’t receive any email notification of new replies in any of these threads that I’ve posted in, right?
 
If you unsubscribe from a thread (is that what you mean when you say deleted?), you won't receive email notification of new replies in it.

Or you can also subscribe without receiving email notification, and threads with recent replies will still show up if you click on "My PF".
 
Redbelly98 said:
If you unsubscribe from a thread (is that what you mean when you say deleted?), you won't receive email notification of new replies in it.

Or you can also subscribe without receiving email notification, and threads with recent replies will still show up if you click on "My PF".

Actually, there’s a delete option for the selected threads, just scroll down the page [on the right]. Never mind though, I just missed up the whole thing :biggrin:
 
It really isn't a problem that I find it myself, I think that most people don't know you have a chess forum. I appreciate the discussion. I think it is kind of a cool feature of PF and it is a sub-subforum. You don't see that it exists unless you kind of stumble across it.