How Can Wigner's Friend Experiment Influence Novel Plots in Quantum Mechanics?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sayetsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wigner's friend
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
sayetsu
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
TL;DR
What are some proposed ones, esp involving Markus Muller's ideas?
I'm working on a novel involving QM ideas. What I'm most excited about is the prospect of taking a view on Markus Muller's propositions involving reality and algorithmic information theory. I'm trying to make it work with the Wigner's Friend thought experiment. Are there any ideas on how subjective realities could interact, or is solipsism our best guess? :O
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sayetsu said:
I'm working on a novel involving QM ideas.

Novels are not restricted to the actual laws of physics that hold in our universe. So if you want to discuss possible ideas for a novel, you should open a thread in the SciFi forum. Threads here should be restricted to the actual laws of our universe, or at any rate our best current understanding of them.

I am closing this thread based on the declared subject matter being off topic.