How Can You Rearrange the Formula a=(vf-vi)/t to Solve for vf?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tiplerfan
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Tiplerfan
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I'm currently studying Kinematics but I've been out of H.S. for nine yrs. now. I know this is more of a math problem but could someone pls. show me how ;


a=(vf-vi) / t can be manipulated to find vf, as vf = vi + at

Much appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forums.

I think your equations aren't quiet correct. Shouldn't they really be the following?

a = (vf - vi) / t

vf = vi + at
 
hotvette said:
Welcome to the forums.

I think your equations aren't quiet correct. Shouldn't they really be the following?

a = (vf - vi) / t

vf = vi + at

I think that's what he's got.

Tiplerfan said:
I'm currently studying Kinematics but I've been out of H.S. for nine yrs. now. I know this is more of a math problem but could someone pls. show me how ;


a=(vf-vi) / t can be manipulated to find vf, as vf = vi + at

Much appreciated!

Like this:

[tex]a = \frac{(v_f - v_{i})}{t}[/tex]

[tex]at = v_f - v_i[/tex]

[tex]v_f = v_i + at[/tex]
 
Thanks a lot..simple I know but you forget these things if you don't keep using them...Thanks again
 
Tiplerfan said:
Thanks a lot..simple I know but you forget these things if you don't keep using them...Thanks again

No problem - and sure, it happens :smile:
 
exi said:
I think that's what he's got

He edited his post and corrected the equations...:smile:
 
hotvette said:
He edited his post and corrected the equations...:smile:

Oh. :biggrin: