B How did Caltech's photon teleportation work?

• Thread starter satyesu
  • Start date

Nugatory

Mentor
Although wikipedia is not always a reliable source, their article on "quantum teleportation" is much better than the hopeless drivel pop-sci stuff that you've been reading. Give the wikipedia article a try, and if after having read it you have more specific questions we may be able to help you over the hard spots.

satyesu

I read the Wikipedia article and thought I understood, but it seems to contradict this article from the Niels Bohr Institute: (I understand I'm now talking about a later experiment, but I think it uses the same method, only changed a bit.)
http://www.nbi.ku.dk/english/news/news13/quantum-teleportation-between-atomic-systems-over-long-distances/

The part I don't get is:
The gas now emits photons (light particles) containing quantum information. The light is sent on to the other gas container and the quantum information is now read from the light and registered by a detector. The signal from the detector is sent back to the first container and the direction of the atoms’ electrons are adjusted in relation to the signal. This completes the teleportation from the second to the first container.
It sounds like the first container actually sends the (spin, right?) info and the second "updates" the other entangled particle and the teleported one.