How Did Dr. May Balance Academia and Entertainment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
How cool is that? :approve:

I thank him for taking a break and making some excellent music.
 
Way cool, though I am probably more impressed by the fact that he and his father built his signature red guitar together. I have done a lot of guitar repairs, tune-ups, and re-frets, and there is a lot that can go wrong, resulting in a tonally dead or "spotty" instrument. His signature tone is impressive and recognizable even to people with just a passing involvement in music. Play us a tune, Dr. May!
 
Last edited:
That's pretty awesome! A surprise to me though. I have always loved Queen for their music, but little did I know that May was also into academics. :smile:
 
Now, where did that thread go about scientists needing an image change? I had heard a little while ago that he was working on his dissertation. It's good to get academics publicized in such a positive light.
 
Doc Al said:
How cool is that? :approve:

I thank him for taking a break and making some excellent music.

*Looks at the Queen poster right next to me*

Yup :approve:
 
I get tired of seeing some of those moronic celebrity worship magazines and shows that tell you that so and so had 15 PhD's before becoming a supermodel-party girl or boy band member.

It's very nice to see a full blown mega celebrity that can actually walk the walk. I think it's even more impressive that he picked up right where he left off after a long break. I took a 10 year break between undergrad and grad school and I had a lot of relearning to do. Props to Dr. May.