How did you character-build your V? (Cyberpunk 2077)

• Thread starter collinsmark
  • Start date
In summary: Unfortunately, this also caused the Emperor's mind to be transferred into his android body, and so my brother is now the android Emperor.In summary, Cyberpunk 2077 is an excellent game that offers an escape from the current political and social climate. Its bugs notwithstanding, the game is well worth playing.
collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
During these trying times we look for solitary methods of entertainment, escape, or even just exercises in catharsis. Some routes are binging on Netflix dramas and others are playing video games. The latest AAA open-world game is Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk2077.jpg

Figure 1. Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world role playing game (RPG). And it's the first open-world RPG to be released in awhile, so its presence is welcome at a time when demand for escape is perhaps at an all time high. Although its release has been plagued by bugs, particularly on older generation consoles, it has a lot to offer in terms of story, atmosphere, escape and catharsis. I'm playing on the PC, so I've been fortunate enough to avoid the bulk of the bugs; it's still buggy, even on the PC, but certainly playable.

Cyberpunk 2077 is noir, meaning you won't save the world. Night City is dystopian at the end, just like the beginning (one of the defining characteristics of noir). But that doesn't mean you can't make a small difference, at least with yourself and those in your immediate circle of interactions.

In Cyberpunk 2077 you play as "V," a character which you can design yourself: sex, appearance, abilities, and even a few choices for background upbringing. You can design your V after yourself, your parent, your alter-ego, your favorite rock-star, or even a personal hero. I chose the latter and built my V character based on Ruth Bader Ginsburg. How did you build your V?

RBG_2_small.jpg

Figure 2. Cybernetically enhanced Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Ruth is originally a street kid from the city. She prefers to solve problems using an measured, intelligent approach and prefers non-lethal methods whenever possible. However, when the going gets complicated, she's more than capable bringing her own style of equity to Night City with her sunny gavel of justice.

GavelOfJustice_small.jpg

Figure 3. Gavel of justice

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't bother with the Mantis blades. Go with the gorilla arms. Much more useful.

Learn your hacking skills hard and fast. Hacking is both offensive and defensive and if you can't prevent somebody from hacking your cyberware you're going to have a tough time of it.

My brother escaped the Emperor of Japan's personal cybermonster by causing his cybereyes to go into reset mode, which blinded said cybermonster for eight seconds.

Likes collinsmark

1. How did you decide on V's appearance in Cyberpunk 2077?

I started by exploring the different customization options available in the game. I then thought about what type of character I wanted V to be - their gender, ethnicity, and overall style. I also considered the background story and personality traits I wanted to give V, and used that to guide my choices for their appearance.

2. What factors influenced your decisions for V's attributes and skills?

I wanted to create a well-rounded character that could excel in different areas of the game. So, I focused on balancing V's attributes and skills based on the different challenges and tasks I anticipated encountering in the game. I also considered V's background story and role in the game's world when making these decisions.

3. Did you base V's personality on any real-life individuals or fictional characters?

I did draw inspiration from different sources when creating V's personality, but ultimately, I wanted them to be unique and reflective of the world of Cyberpunk 2077. I thought about their background story, their motivations and goals, and how they would interact with the other characters in the game.

4. How did you choose V's class and playstyle?

I wanted to create a diverse and dynamic character, so I chose a multi-class approach for V. I looked at the different classes available in the game and considered which ones would complement each other and fit with V's overall character. I also thought about the type of playstyle I enjoy and how I could incorporate that into V's abilities and skills.

5. Did you make any changes to V's character build throughout the game?

Yes, I did make some adjustments to V's character build as I progressed through the game. I found that some skills and abilities were more useful in certain situations, so I focused on developing those further. I also made changes based on the choices and consequences I encountered in the game, as they influenced V's character development.