Ti-89 Titanium stuck on waiting to receive screen after failed OS download

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fizix
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Stuck Ti-89 Titanium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 17K views
Fizix
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
I was downloading a new OS onto my Titanium the other day and after it downloaded about 25%, it gave me some error and canceled downloading. Now, my Ti-89 is stuck in a "Waiting to receive..." screen. Left+Right+2nd+On doesn't work, and neither does taking out the batteries and putting them back in. What should I do?

Thank you.

- - -

By the way, this is my first post here. I can't wait to become a part of the community. My main interests are philosophy, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, cosmology, relativity, abstract and linear algebra, number theory, and some other things. I'm a high school freshman, so I'm stickin' around for a while. :devil: :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about the 89's, but on the 83's if you take out the batteries, and the backup battery, it resets the memory. You could try that if the 89 has a backup battery. Check your instruction manual to see if it has one, otherwise you could try emailing Texas-Instruments customer service/tech support.
 
the TI89 has a backup battery, you should be able to take it out by lifting the panel for the regular batteries, its right above them. you'll need to unscrew it with a small phillips head screw driver.

how did you manage to get interested in quantum mechanics, relativity, and abstract algebra as a freshman in high school? most students don't get interested in those subjects as freshmen in college
 
came to this forum to unstick my ti-89 and combined a few methods. hit keys in this order. 2nd, <, >, ON. should reset. did on mine when i accidentally hit approximate on an infinite function.