1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying How do I overcome being terrified of not understanding ?

1. Jul 24, 2016 #1
    I enjoy reading about physics , this usually makes my day ( if the topic isn't new for me ) . However , I freak out from the first line I read . I am so enthusiastic to the extent I am afraid to disappoint myself :D . how can I overcome this feeling which prevents me from reading any article to the last line ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2016 #2
    Hi. You mean like textbook physics or just popularizations?

4. Jul 24, 2016 #3
    Both of them indeed XD

5. Jul 24, 2016 #4

DrSteve

Gold Member

If you're avoiding something because you don't like the psychological effect it has on you but it is in your best interest to do so you need to complete the articles. Eventually the uncomfortable feelings will go away. Avoidance just leads to more avoidance.

6. Jul 24, 2016 #5

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

Many people experience things like this, it's not at all uncommon. What must be your guide, is that you finally must read and learn or in other words this kind of feelings have to go away. I agree to DrSteve or state it equivalently and more generally: If you really want to achieve something you have to go on, no matter what.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted