How do we edit the LaTeX tutorial page in Help?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Mark44
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about editing a page on the website physicsforums.com. The user found a small typo and was looking for an Edit button, but it was not available in the forum sections. The admin CP was mentioned as an alternative, and a screenshot was provided for reference. It was suggested to use a text editor for easier editing.
This page: https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

I don't actually need to edit it (although I did find a small typo near the end), but there's no Edit button like there normally is for other pages in the forum sections.

Physics news on Phys.org
Aha! I was thinking recently about adding something, and I was going to ask if Greg needed to do it for me.

Here's a screenshot of the Xenforo CP, for anyone else who might be interersted.
Help.png

Thanks, Greg!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
This is what the edit pane looks like (the Page Content section):
EditBox.png

I agree; it probably would be easier to copy it into a text editor, make the changes, and then copy it back into this pane.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to How do we edit the LaTeX tutorial page in Help?

1. How do I access the LaTeX tutorial page in Help?

To access the LaTeX tutorial page in Help, go to the Help section on the LaTeX website and click on the "Tutorial" tab. This will take you to the tutorial page where you can find information on how to edit it.

2. What if I have suggestions for improving the LaTeX tutorial page?

If you have any suggestions for improving the LaTeX tutorial page, you can reach out to the LaTeX community through forums or email. You can also submit a pull request on GitHub if you are familiar with using version control.

3. Can I contribute to the LaTeX tutorial page even if I am not an expert in LaTeX?

Yes, absolutely! The LaTeX community welcomes contributions from all levels of expertise. If you are new to LaTeX, you can still contribute by providing feedback on the tutorial or suggesting improvements from a beginner's perspective.

4. Are there any guidelines or rules for editing the LaTeX tutorial page?

Yes, there are guidelines for editing the LaTeX tutorial page. These guidelines can be found on the tutorial page itself or on the LaTeX website. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure consistency and accuracy of information.

5. Can I translate the LaTeX tutorial page into another language?

Yes, you can translate the LaTeX tutorial page into another language. However, it is important to note that translations should be done with caution and accuracy to ensure the information remains helpful to readers. You can also reach out to the LaTeX community for guidance on translations.