How Do You Nudge An Observation From Realm Of Anecdotia

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Observation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 1K views
BigDon
Messages
74
Reaction score
97
To the Land of Discovery?

I've seen and experienced things I've never read an explanation for, mainly in the biological department, and on quite a few science forums over the years I've been told my observations were nothing more than anecdotes, even if correct.

How do you change that?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Perhaps the key thing is repeatability.
You need to be able to describe how someone else could reproduce your results.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and hutchphd
Would you mind if I relate my most recent issue?

I got five other people to reproduce it, if that means anything.
 
Document it and write it up.
Provide materials to others for study.