How Do You Solve a Chemical Equilibrium Problem Involving AuCl, NaCl, and H2O?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Not a Wrench
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chem Equilibrium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Not a Wrench
Messages
22
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


2lb047.png

Problem 132

Homework Equations


Not sure. I know we will use Kc=[Products]/[Reactants]

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to devise a balanced equation to use: AuCl (s) + NaCl (s) + H2O (l) → Au+ + 2Cl- + Na+ and then try solving from there
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not a Wrench said:

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to devise a balanced equation to use: AuCl (s) + NaCl (s) + H2O (l) → Au+ + 2Cl- + Na+ and then try solving from there
That's not necessary. NaCl is completely dissociated, so you only need to consider the initial concentration of Cl- in the solution.