jog511 Messages 23 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Aug 27, 2014 #1 Homework Statement limx->64 (x^1/3 - 4)/(x - 64) Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution (64^1/3 -4)/(64 - 64) = 0/0 = not defined
Homework Statement limx->64 (x^1/3 - 4)/(x - 64) Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution (64^1/3 -4)/(64 - 64) = 0/0 = not defined
dirk_mec1 Messages 755 Reaction score 13 Aug 27, 2014 #2 Take the derative of f(x) = x^1/3 -4 at x = 64.
LCKurtz Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 9,567 Reaction score 775 Aug 27, 2014 #3 Or factor ##x-64## as the difference of two cubes.
jog511 Messages 23 Reaction score 0 Aug 27, 2014 #4 Thanks. I am trying to help my daughter with AP calculus. The problem states to find the limit algebraically so I cannot take the derivative.
Thanks. I am trying to help my daughter with AP calculus. The problem states to find the limit algebraically so I cannot take the derivative.
dextercioby Science Advisor Insights Author Messages 13,423 Reaction score 4,244 Aug 27, 2014 #5 LC Kurtz gave you the hint: use the decomposition a3-b3