How Does Energy Transformation Occur in Solar-Powered vs Electric Synthesizers?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
canuck111
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



When the synthesizer Iimaginary device is used on solar power, describe, in simplest terms, the chain of energy transformations required. As well describe the chain for the original synthesizer running on electric power.

Homework Equations



I'm not to familiar with chain for solar power? But I do think I got the one for the original electric power synthesizer

The Attempt at a Solution



original assuming electricity from a coal fired plant:

Chemical energy to Thermal energy to Mechanical work to Electricity to thermal energy to radiation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
canuck111 said:

The Attempt at a Solution



original assuming electricity from a coal fired plant:

Chemical energy to Thermal energy to Mechanical work to Electricity to thermal energy to radiation.

Any of these steps present in the solar cell?

But the question is ambiguous to me. Solar power is a broad term, you can use solar radiation to heat the water...