How Does LSD-25 Impact the Central Nervous System and Influence Mental States?

• Thread starter Stratosphere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemical
In summary: Are you joking? Please tell me you are. I couldn't, you could be joking but I didn't see one of these: :biggrin:I never kid about the FBI.In summary, the author is interested in the neuropharmacology of LSD-25 and how it works on the central nervous system. They are looking for more in depth explanations of the mechanism of an hallucination and are unable to find any sources that are satisfactory.
Stratosphere
First off, let me make this clear, I am not: promoting the use of drugs or asking how to synthesize LSD-25.

I've become curious about the chemical aspects of LSD-25, such as, how does this drug actually affect the central nervouse system, why does it have such dramatic affects on the minds of people who have used it, and why it may bring out schizophrenia in users.

All the information I've found is very basic information and isn't really what I'm looking for, I can't seem to find any site that talks that much about the neuropharmacology of this substance.

Does anybody have any good learning sources.

Chemistry news on Phys.org

try a pubmed search for "lsd-25 review" and limit to free full text

It's simple. You into chemistry right? LSD looks like the neurotransmitter dopamine (or maybe it's another one). But don't take my word for it. Look up the structure of LSD and a few neurotransmitters (bet a dollar it's dopamine though). Very similar arent' they. So LSD causes neural transmissions and its presence in the synapse competes with the normal transmitter and interferes with normal nerve impulses leading to hallucinations..

Last edited:

jackmell said:
It's simple. You into chemistry right? LSD looks like the neurotransmitter dopamine (or maybe it's another one). But don't take my word for it. Look up the structure of LSD and a few neurotransmitters (bet a dollar it's dopamine though). Very similar arent' they. So LSD causes neural transmissions and its presence in the synapse competes with the normal transmitter and interferes with normal nerve impulses leading to hallucinations..

I understand that, and actually the neurotransmitter is serotonin. I want a more in depth explanation than that. I'm searching all over erowid.org right now.

Erowid.org won't help you at all unless you want a recipe. Even then, at your own risk.

Try googling "LSD mechanism". Lots of information for proposed mechanism but apparently no one knows for sure. Does anyone really know the full mechanism of something as wildly complex as an hallucination?

chemisttree said:
Erowid.org won't help you at all unless you want a recipe. Even then, at your own risk.

Try googling "LSD mechanism". Lots of information for proposed mechanism but apparently no one knows for sure. Does anyone really know the full mechanism of something as wildly complex as an hallucination?

Probably not, I suppose it has as much to do with neuroscience as it does with organic chemistry.

I try Googling it on Google scholar and normal Google.

And yeah, all I got from erowid was recipes and the basic chemical structure, not to mention a list of effects of taking it.

Stratosphere said:
And yeah, all I got from erowid was recipes and the basic chemical structure, not to mention a list of effects of taking it.

Oh, you got more than that! You are officially on the DEA and FBI's list now. Welcome to the club...

chemisttree said:
Oh, you got more than that! You are officially on the DEA and FBI's list now. Welcome to the club...

Are you joking? Please tell me you are. I couldn't, you could be joking but I didn't see one of these: :biggrin:

I never kid about the FBI.

9) Avoid electronic communications. Other ways that you can be tracked include web sites and IRC or chat programs. Visit web sites that provide information about drugs from a library, instead of using your home or office computer. All web sites have log files, that tell the system administrator what your IP address is, your host-name, the browser that you used, the operating system that you used, and what site you were on just prior to visiting that site. With IRC, your IP address will be accessible to anyone using the service, and you can be "fingered" (where someone might even be able to locate your home directory, your real name, and your e-mail address). Also worth noting, the FBI has set up Carnivore, an electronic surveillance program that inserts a "packet sniffer" box on-line. This can be used as a "content wiretap," to capture all e-mails to and from a specific account and capture all network traffic to and from a specific user or IP address, or it can be used as a "tap-and-trace/pen-register," to capture all e-mail headers and addresses going to and from an e-mail account (but not the actual contents or "Subject" line), list all the servers that the suspect accesses, track everyone who accesses a specific web page or FTP file, and track all web pages or FTP files that a suspect accesses.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/law_article11.shtml

You didn't download Shulgin's book, did you? That might be really bad.

Oh yeah...:smile: doesn't change anything. They still know who you are.

Last edited:

i'd expect the FBI to be more concerned about people seeking out real chemistry sites than a few hippies reading about mushrooms.

chemisttree said:
I never kid about the FBI.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/law_article11.shtml

You didn't download Shulgin's book, did you? That might be really bad.

Oh yeah...:smile: doesn't change anything. They still know who you are.

Thankfully, I didn't.

Proton Soup said:
i'd expect the FBI to be more concerned about people seeking out real chemistry sites than a few hippies reading about mushrooms.

What would a real chemistry site be?

Stratosphere said:
What would a real chemistry site be?

what do i look like, a terrorist?

people do occasionally come in here looking for info on rocket propellants and such.

lsd is a 5-HT2A receptor agonist. you should learn what this means and maybe read about the different receptors and compare the structures of their agonists. personally i don't know much about any of htis

1. What is LSD-25?

LSD-25, also known as lysergic acid diethylamide, is a synthetic compound that is derived from the ergot fungus. It is known for its hallucinogenic effects and has been used for recreational and spiritual purposes.

2. How does LSD-25 affect the brain?

LSD-25 binds to serotonin receptors in the brain, which are responsible for regulating mood, perception, and cognition. This leads to altered sensory experiences, distorted perception of time and space, and changes in thought patterns and emotions.

3. Is LSD-25 addictive?

No, LSD-25 is not considered physically addictive. However, some people may develop a psychological dependence on the drug and experience cravings for it.

4. What are the potential risks of using LSD-25?

The use of LSD-25 can lead to a range of potential risks, including "bad trips" or negative psychological effects, increased risk-taking behavior, and potential long-term effects on mental health. It is also important to note that the purity and dosage of LSD-25 can vary significantly, which can increase the risk of adverse effects.

5. What are the potential therapeutic uses of LSD-25?

There is ongoing research into the potential therapeutic uses of LSD-25, particularly for treating mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Some studies have shown promising results, but more research is needed before LSD-25 can be used as a mainstream treatment.