How does news coverage of the US administration differ by country?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    News

On the news in your country, do they show...

  • ... the dead and wounded civilians of Baghdad?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... the citizens of Baghdad being very angry at the USA and Britain?

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ... US soldiers executed by the Iraqi military?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... "friendly fire" incidents, such as the US Patriot missile shooting down a British Tornado?

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ... occasional clear attacks against civilians, such as the bus full of refugees that the USA bombed

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... interviews with members of the Iraqi administration?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... interviews with members of the Red Cross and Amnesty International?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    2
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 10K views
I actually didn't put any personal opinion comments on my post because the the article is in the Sun. I don't normally read it but came across the link in a blog and thought it interesting. Please let me know if you see it any where else.
I'm not kidding about the BBC winning the dishonest reporting award in 2001, however.:wink:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The BBC generally report with a lot less political bias than FOX news for example. The BBC couldn't get away with the levels of bias of some US news channels I've seen.
 
Originally posted by Mulder
The BBC generally report with a lot less political bias than FOX news for example. The BBC couldn't get away with the levels of bias of some US news channels I've seen.

Sorry, maybe you thought I was suggesting it was a competition[?] I haven't watched FOX since the first year it was launched and realized rather quickly that although it was wholly sold as being "bigger", "brighter, and more "provocative" then it's predescessors it consisted of little more then shallow and mindless fluff and a seemingly inexhaustible platoon of shouting heads spewing little more then mindless, canned propaganda. To me this has nothing to do with left or right, after all when it comes to conglomerate owned media, doesn't all the left, and all the right in the end eminate from the same hegemony? only to meet somewhere, inconspicuously behind all of our backs?