How Does Starting at University of Arizona Shape a New Student's Future?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Mentor
Messages
23,212
Reaction score
7,701
Well, looks like I'll be starting school in about 3 weeks at the University of Arizona here in Tucson. As long as all my financial aid stuff gets approved by the VA in time at least. I'll be majoring in Astronomy unless I decide to change over to Optical Engineering in the future.

Wish me luck!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have fun man! Stick to astronomy though it's too awesome to leave behind :D
 
Good luck, Drakkith. I'm sure you'll do well.
 
UA has a great optical engineering program...possibly the best in the country.
 
They make mirrors there for prominent observatories and orbiting observatories. If you acquit yourself well, you may get into some interesting programs as an undergrad - great experience. Best of luck - you'll do fine, but keep your eyes peeled for opportunities, too. I hope you have fun.
 
Keep us posted, and congrats!