How easy is to find a job as physicist

• Physics
  • Thread starter martin1512
  • Start date
Hi,
this may be quite stupid question but I have to ask... How easy is to find a job as physicist...

I am currently 18 and next year I'm ending my high school. I was considering to carry on studying IT or physics...As jounger I loved doing stuff with computers, but now I'm quite fed up with 0s and 1s and want to solve some real world mysteries:)... Everyone around me is always saying "IT is the best to study"...:There is no chance to get a good job as physicist"... I'd like to do something with those small brats called atoms ;)) (or anything smaller :P )

Yet I know only about CERN(but it wouldn't be easy to get job there)

So, would it be hard to find some solid job in Europe?

Thanks

Sorry for my english :/

[EDIT] ...

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Physician = Medical Doctor.

You are thinking about a Physicist (a person with a degree in Physics). You can do IT if you're a Physics graduate, but if you're looking for a Physics path, then you should first choose a Physics branch. Condensed Matter has a market, same with Optics, Biophysics, or relatedareas. You also can get a Master degree or even a PhD in Engineering.

Ah yea, sorry, I was thinking about physicist...

Look up 'physician' and see if that corresponds to what you want to do.

Hey there, does anyone here know what you need in order to become a physician? If anyone can help out that would be great? I am mainly looking for information in the education field.