1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entry Level Job for Physicist/Engineer in School?

1. Jul 10, 2012 #1
    Entry Level Job for Physicist/Engineer in School??

Im currently in school majoring in physics (with the intention of taking an engineering masters) and work full time as a mechanic. I used to love my job, but i have gotten so familiar with it, it is no longer a challenge and has become incredibly mundane.

I'm wondering if there is something I should try to apply for that could give me a new challenge while giving me experience in my field, or at least CLOSE to my field.

I am already pretty sure that the answer is no. I would have to make at least 15 hourly and have the flexibility to schedule around my classes. Right now I am on salary and so long as I keep the work load caught up, I can take off in mid-day for day classes as needed. So I have the perfect job. Except that I'm sick of it. Which is why I'm in school!

Just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask... Perhaps someone has some ideas that I could pursue.

OR, even if you don't have a suggestion for a "job", any suggestions for ways that I can earn experience are ALWAYS appreciated :)

Thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2012 #2
    Re: Entry Level Job for Physicist/Engineer in School??

If you need the money, keep the job till you get your degree. You are going to be really hard pressed to find a job during the day that will let you take off for several hours while you take classes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook