How Fast Should the Smaller Solenoid Move to Induce 2.3V in the Larger Solenoid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
aleksxxx
Messages
23
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Assume the field inside the larger coil (.075m Radius, 1200 loops), reaches the maximum value when the smaller solenoid, (.05m radius, 1200 loops), is halfway inserted. with what constant velocity must the smaller solenoid be inserted to induce 2.3V in the larger solenoid?


Homework Equations



Eind=L(delta I/delta t)

L=[(mu0)(N^2)(A)]/l


The Attempt at a Solution



The problem does not give length of the solenoid, so I am pretty sure the second equation will not work. I can't find any other equations that would seem to help with this problem.

Am i missing something, or would i need more information to do the problem?
In part a we had to solve the length for solenoid "A" so that is would create a magnetic field of .0025T with a current of .13A - which i calculated to be 7.84cm --- but I am not sure if that is going to apply to this part of the problem.

Please point me in the right direction, if i have enough info just given in c, or if I am missing an equation.

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org