How Has Camm's Bar Survived Since the End of Prohibition?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Years
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
..."Camm," as people call him, started serving beer at his father's North Side grocery the moment Prohibition ended at midnight on April 7, 1933. The memory is as clear to him as the strike of the library clock that signaled it was time to start opening bottles of Fort Pitt...
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09232/991889-389.stm#ixzz0RVuLh2OF

I liked the one comment made by a reporter on CBS: That's 77 years of second-hand smoke.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw that story too...so great! And he quit to take care of his wife...to whom he has been married for 71 years!
 
lisab said:
I saw that story too...so great! And he quit to take care of his wife...to whom he has been married for 71 years!

I liked the way they put it too: Seventy-one years of marriage trumps a seventy-seven year career.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09232/991889-389.stm#ixzz0RVuLh2OF

I liked the one comment made by a reporter on CBS: That's 77 years of second-hand smoke.

Talking about smoke, can you imagine what the air was like in Pittsburgh 77 years ago?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And people say there are no modern day heroes. :!)