How Is the Volume of Ethanoic Acid Determined from the Titration Graph?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
youmei0426
Messages
18
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


upload_2019-1-12_11-18-42.png

the question asks for the concentration of ethanoic acid, therefore I need to find out the volume of ethanoic acid used during the titrations. I thought it would be 30mL because that's when the temperature reaches maximum. But the answer says that the volume should be in the range of 25.5-26.5, and I don't know how it is read from the curve. Thanks in advance!

Homework Equations


-

The Attempt at a Solution


-
 
Attachments
  • upload_2019-1-12_11-18-42.png
    upload_2019-1-12_11-18-42.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,145
Physics news on Phys.org
The point at 25 is very close to the maximum already. The variations afterwards are probably just fluctuations or the mixture slowly returning to room temperature. You can draw two straight lines in the plot and see where they meet.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: youmei0426