How is τmax/rmax related to the second moment of area?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Riazy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Riazy
Messages
30
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



dT= τmax/rmax * r^2 dA

T = τmax/rmax ∫▒〖r^2 dA〗

as far as I am concerned integrating this will give us r^3/3 + c?
or am i thinking wrong, how did my teacher get the answer below in bold

Homework Equations


its not a great deal to do but I don't know how my professor got the following answer below


The Attempt at a Solution


the question is why the answer to this is

τ/rmax * Ip
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The second moment of area is defined as

[tex]I = \int_A r^2 dA[/tex]


had you ∫r2 dr, then you'd get r3/3 + C