How long will people continue to talk about Michael Jackson?

• Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jackson
In summary: I'm really not sure why its taken this long. I did hear though that they were looking into trying to have him buried on the Neverland Ranch which involves certain legal difficulties since in California you can not bury someone anywhere that is owned or controlled by you. In summary, it seems like the family is waiting for some sort of revelation to help them make a decision about what to do with Michael's body.
RiseAgainst
It seems like people are going crazy now that he died. Most of the people that are going insane over it didn't care about him until he died.

Physics news on Phys.org
who?

Look who's talking

junglebeast said:
Look who's talking

That was all you had to say?

Who is Michael Jackson :confused:

RiseAgainst said:
That was all you had to say?

Yes, it is ironic that you would make a post with no purpose other than to express frustration in people who cannot like the subject of Jackson die -- when the only person around here who falls into that criteria is you.

He was only just buried. Also the coroners report has yet to be filed and seems quite likely that this is because they suspect one of his doctors is guilty of malpractice and they are currently investigating it.

So the issue of his death isn't even closed yet really.

rootX said:
Who is Michael Jackson :confused:

Are you serious Root?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another drug addict entertainer dies.
Sorry for his family and all, but I don't really care.

Alfi said:

Nice. I wish I could have your compassion.

Last summer my friend and I requested MJ songs every night at the club.

Last summer I don't think I heard a single Micheal Jackson song.

He's going to be like every other bigger than life personality (Elvis) and his legend will live on. I can only imagine when the MJ impersonators will hit Vegas.

Rumour has it that Paula Abdul quit her job on Idol to be the first MJ impersonator.

Attachments

• Paula abdul.jpg
    Paula abdul.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 362
  • michael jackson.jpg
    michael jackson.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 389
cristo said:
Nice. I wish I could have your compassion.
I wish people didn't deify celebrities.

Hopefully after they bury him...in another 2 weeks?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/michael-jackson/news/michael-jackson39s-dad-says-burial-set-for-august-29-report--61720652

russ_watters said:

Hear, hear. I have no idea what the fascination is.

Evo said:
He's going to be like every other bigger than life personality (Elvis) and his legend will live on. I can only imagine when the MJ impersonators will hit Vegas.

Rumour has it that Paula Abdul quit her job on Idol to be the first MJ impersonator.

Which one is Paula?

lisab said:
Hear, hear. I have no idea what the fascination is.

In a word, influence. I think there is also a sense of personal connection for many people who are moved by his music or lyrics. A number of leaders from the black community often refer to his universal appeal; across all cultures. He is widely credited with unifying many different cultures through music.

His fame in Africa is apparently due in large part to his humanitarian/philanthropical works. And I guess he will be remembered at least as long as the Michael Jackson Burn Center operates.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:

What's wrong with treating such celebrities as god-like figures? After all, MJ provided inspiration to many people around the world, through things that he actually did and lived out in front of them. That's surely more real than worshipping "gods" you've never seen.

http://www.michaeljackson.hu/htmlitems/covers/cds/michaeljackson/%5B2006-05-19%5D%20Heal%20The%20World.jpg

cristo said:
What's wrong with treating such celebrities as god-like figures? After all, MJ provided inspiration to many people around the world, through things that he actually did and lived out in front of them. That's surely more real than worshipping "gods" you've never seen.

Well there is the problem with people having perhaps an unrealistic image of the person. Bing Crosby was a drunkard and an abusive father. His sons had to deal with the fact that the man who abused them was loved and revered by most everyone who knew his name. I'd imagine that would be difficult to deal with.

Its just pretty rediculous to deify a person whom you really know nothing about. And who knows what may happen because of it. What might a famous person get away with? What have many many famous people gotten away with? There are also dangers to the people themselves. How many crazy stalkers has Jodie Foster had?

Evo said:

Is it Michael or Paula?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/15/128765613466724664.jpg

Doesn't anyone else find it disturbing that they haven't buried him yet?

WhoWee said:
They're still waiting for a ten-year old boy to step forward who will lie in the coffin with him.

WhoWee said:

Ouch Dave, lol.

I think that the family are going through quite a bit on several fronts, legal, practical, ect. I'm really not sure why its taken this long. I did hear though that they were looking into trying to have him buried on the Neverland Ranch which involves certain legal difficulties since in California you can not bury someone anywhere that is not officially recognised as a cemetary.

DaveC426913 said:
They're still waiting for a ten-year old boy to step forward who will lie in the coffin with him.

LOL hahahahah oh wow. I never knew I would come in this thread and read up on some new jokes. The Paula one about her quiting her job omfg i nearly died. Now this one by Dave hahahaha wow. Good stuff guys.

Alfi said:

The Rate of Natural Increase (r)
Birth rate (b) − death rate (d) = rate of natural increase (r).

* birth rate expressed as number of births per 1000 per year (currently 14 in the U.S.);
* death rate expressed as the number of deaths per 1000 per year (currently 8 in the U.S.);
* So the rate of natural increase is 6 per thousand (0.006 or 0.6%).

Although the value of r is affected by both birth rate and death rate, the recent history of the human population has been affected more by declines in death rates than by increases in birth rates.

Alfi said:
Celebrity and notoriety aside, there is absolutely no denying his (positive) impact on the music world.

DaveC426913 said:

:rofl: There was another one about the traffic being so bad at his funeral because they couldn't find a place to park all of the bicycles.

Regardless of if the doctor was guilty of malpractice I think they will charge him anyway. His death was such a tragedy to people that they will find a scapegoat to ease the pain. Personally I'm tired of hearing about MJ on the news when North Korea is threatening nuclear bombs!

I didn't even bother reading this thread. The answer is that as long as people keep posting in this thread is how long people will continue to talk about him. Lock the damned thing down and be done with him.

Strangely enough, it was him that got me hooked up with that 19-year-old woman that I was hanging with before I met W. She was waitressing at my favourite watering hole, and for some reason walked up and asked me what my favourite MJ song was (she was a huge fan). I told her 'Ben', and that started something that lasted nearly 3 years. :rolleyes:

1. How long has Michael Jackson been a topic of conversation?

Michael Jackson has been a topic of conversation for over four decades, since the release of his first solo album "Got to Be There" in 1972.

2. Will people continue to talk about Michael Jackson in the future?

It is likely that Michael Jackson will continue to be a topic of conversation in the future, as his impact on music and popular culture is significant and enduring.

3. What events or milestones in Michael Jackson's life contribute to ongoing discussions about him?

Some of the events and milestones in Michael Jackson's life that contribute to ongoing discussions about him include his rise to fame as a child with the Jackson 5, his groundbreaking music videos and performances, his controversial personal life, and his sudden death in 2009.

4. How has the conversation about Michael Jackson changed over time?

The conversation about Michael Jackson has changed over time, from focusing on his musical talent and impact to also discussing his personal life and controversies. In recent years, there has been more discussion about his legacy and the impact of his music on future generations.

5. Are there any factors that could decrease the amount of discussion about Michael Jackson in the future?

It is possible that as time goes on, the conversation about Michael Jackson may decrease, as newer generations may not have the same connection to his music and legacy. Additionally, any new information or developments about his personal life or controversies could also affect the amount of discussion about him in the future.