1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How many hours a day do you devote?

1. Jun 2, 2007 #1
    to your career/academics? this is a question to people maybe past the graduate level who are successful? when i look ahead the courses i'll be taking senior year and at the grad level i get the feeling that i will probably have to be studying for a very very long time each day to internalize them fully. is this true? i know this is heavily dependent on my own intelligence but im still curious how much other people study.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2007 #2
    there was a poll similar asking this exact same question. scroll back a few weeks and you'll find it in this section.
  4. Jun 5, 2007 #3

I only read/learn stuff when it's necessary for my research.

I don't think I'd ever go through a textbook; ie. over the questions, ever again.

Likewise, I don't think I'd sit in on a lecture series; even though the opportunity would be there -- I had ideas of doing this when a graduate student.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?