How many joules equal a pound of TNT?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Joules
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 16K views
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
20
pound of tnt = ? Joules

Does anyone know what the equivalency is? I tried to google but I get a bunch of star trek websites for some reason...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The wiki says 4,184 J is the energy of exploding a gram of TNT.

There are 453.59237 grams in a pound.f
 


i believe this might help you out Pengwuino. I know you wanted to know in October...but i found this neat webpage that might help you.

If you are asking for the TNT equivalent then here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiloton

I hope it helps.

:wink:
 


Yes, October of 2005. Thank you though.