How many pages of astrophysics textbooks can you absorb in a day?

• Thread starter Simfish
  • Start date
Simfish
Gold Member
This is sort of similar to the math theory thread.

But I'm quite curious how this various from field to field, especially as it pertains to astrophysics (and pretty much all the quantitatively related sciences such as planetary sciences and applied physics).

Unlike math theory though, there is a point where you're pretty much familiar with all of the math you need for the field here, so at that point, the reading might become significantly faster. I'm just curious about what other people's ranges are.

Answers and Replies

No Idea.I am getting so worried now.I have my interview for astrophysics (undergraduate) next week.This leaves me with just about 6 days of solid reading.
Accretion induced collapse here I come :s
By the way ,Are there any freely available books on astrophyiscs worth reading? I would love to read few.For now I am going through theory of relativity,collapse mechanism of neutron stars and anything I can grasp over.

Simfish
Gold Member
Hm I see.

Freely available astrophysics books? I don't really know of any. But you could get them from the library/interlibrary loan. Or through other ways that I can't mention here.

Hm I see.

Freely available astrophysics books? I don't really know of any. But you could get them from the library/interlibrary loan. Or through other ways that I can't mention here.

Thanks for your reply.No worries I will just use Google to do the search for me.