How Much Can FDA Approval Increase a Drug Company's Stock Value?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 6K views
sysreset said:
Gravenewworld, I think the problem is that this drug was originally intended for the OBD population, which takes meds orally, and this is an oral drug. When that bombed, it was re-targeted to the post-op ileus population. Problem is, it is still an oral drug, and the target population is "NPO" - meaning, they need an IV solution...

The drug was originally designed for both POI and OBD at the same time. I don't believe that after bowel surgery patients are restricted ONLY to IV treatment. After bowel surgery, doctors are going to try to get their patients on a solid diet as fast as possible. If a patient can eat solid food, they can take the drug. In the clinical trials for POI, patients were given pills. If the patients really needed an IV formulation, then the drug would have never gotten through for PO use.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When I saw the OP I thought he must be a high class male prostitute or something. (DC Miestro anyone?)
 
binzing said:
When I saw the OP I thought he must be a high class male prostitute or something. (DC Miestro anyone?)

I wish I was, I wish I was... (or is it were?)