How Much Energy Does a Lamp Dissipate with a 0.3 A Current and 6 V Power Supply?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackout85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
blackout85
Messages
27
Reaction score
1
A current of 0.3 A is passed through a lamp for 2 minutes using a 6 V power supply. The electrical energy dissipated by this lamp during the two minutes is:
a) 1.8 J
b) 12 J
c) 20J
d) 36 J
e) 216 J

If someone could just help me to start off that would be great.
The main equations I have to use are

I=Q/t
E= QV

(.3A)= (Q)/(120)
Q= 36

E= (36)(6V)
E=216 J

Am I right:confused:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
looks good, tho ordinarily the power/heat would first be calculated as I*V, then multiplied by 120