How Much Force Does a 4 lb Piston Exert When Traveling 6 Inches at 150 PSI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaysAuto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
JaysAuto
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
How much force would a 2.5 inch diameter 4 lb. piston traveling 6 inches pressurized by 150 psi. be hitting a stop? I know the force of a 2.5 inch piston with 150 psi is 736 lbs. I do not know how to calculate the speed & mass traveling 6 inches or 12 inches.

Thanks
Jay
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there not an answer for this? After reading through these forums with so many intellegent people posting question and answers I do find it hard to believe that someone does not have an idea how to solve it or willing to provide some help.

Thanks
Jay