How old are you, physically or mentally?

• Thread starter Desiree
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker says that they are physically 25 and mentally 1LL, or 1,000,000,000 years old.
Desiree
I sometimes think about how mature/grown-up we are, that we could have two different ages, physically and mentally. We may be 30 years old physically, but 12 mentally? That means just because someone is 50 years old, doesn't mean their mind has grown up with their body at the same rate. I have come across some people, whom I think their mind never grew up any further than age 2 or 3, and they don't even notice it or know it!

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't changed mentally/emotionally since age 25. I still love listening to new alternative bands, and am young at heart. Still love to get silly with people I am close to.

Physically, <groan>.

People say that I look physically 16 and mentally 40... Or is it vise versa? :P

Real talk: neither :biggrin:

It is not possible to answer that and there is no relation between physical and mental age. Physical is natural while mental/emotional requires diverse expierences. Someone might have a child at 17 thus understands more what is like to have a child than someone without child at 30. Or, someone might be raised in diverse culture and thus have greater understanding of diversity than other people. While, some other person could have lost parents at younger age thus ability to live by him/her self came bit earlier.. etc. I am trying to say that mental age is just about expierences. More you live more world/people you see so you never stop growing/learning new things. There is no way to put some scale on it because different people have different lives, see different things at different times of their lives ... and it is also about the times they lived.

Physically I'm 28. Mentally I'm about 12. The first number goes up each year, the second goes down :).

physically about 25 mentally I am 10,000,000 years old.

mentally I am 10,000,000 years old
Wow, that's exactly how I was 10,000,012 year ago!

I'm physically 25 and mentally 1LL in a duovigintedecimal number system.

Last edited:
how do you define mentally 2 and 20?

waht said:
I'm physically 25 and mentally 1LL in a duovigintedecimal number system.

http://www.roflcopter.net/roflcopter.gif

1. How can we determine someone's physical age?

Physical age is determined by the number of years a person has been alive. This can be easily determined by looking at a person's birth certificate or by asking for their date of birth.

2. What is the difference between physical and mental age?

Physical age refers to the number of years a person has been alive, while mental age refers to the level of cognitive development and maturity. Mental age can vary from person to person and may not necessarily correspond with their physical age.

3. Can someone have a different physical and mental age?

Yes, it is possible for someone to have a different physical and mental age. This can occur due to factors such as genetics, environment, and personal experiences, which can all contribute to a person's cognitive development and maturity.

4. How do we determine someone's mental age?

Mental age can be determined through standardized tests, such as IQ tests, which measure a person's cognitive abilities and compare them to others in their age group. It can also be assessed by a mental health professional through interviews and evaluations.

5. Can a person's mental age change over time?

Yes, a person's mental age can change over time. As people continue to learn and experience new things, their cognitive abilities and level of maturity can develop and change. Additionally, certain factors such as brain injuries or illnesses can also impact a person's mental age.