How Should I Compare Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells in Exams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chemer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cell
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Chemer
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hi,
In exam, answering the question,"compare/differentiate between prokaryote and eukaryote cell." Should I write this in columns, writing the differences and comparing them? Or in paragraphs? Which is the right method?
And can I include the significance about their differences? I mean, like prokaryote have not nuclear envelope because of this and eukaryote need it because... etc etc? Please guide.
thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Chemer said:
Should I write this in columns, writing the differences and comparing them? Or in paragraphs? Which is the right method?

Both are correct as long as it is clear what the message is. Columns can be easier to manage.

As to how many details to give - depends on how much time you have to answer the question. Obviously if you have 20 questions and 60 minutes you can't write an essay in each answer, but when you have 3 questions and 60 minutes, you are expected to give a lot of details.
 
Thank you very much for your reply.
Then, how much detail I can include in an answer, when I've four questions to attempt along with diagrams and the time limit is three hours?